The Trident is an automated testing system that regularly tests alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium in your saltwater aquarium — and then communicates this information to your Apex so you can get alerts, and change your dosing. When combined with the DOS (available separately) it creates a fully automated system for the proper dosing of supplements, maintaining them at consistent levels.
- Automatically tests seawater for Alkalinity, Calcium, and Magnesium
- Up to 24 Alkalinity tests per day with +/-.05 dKh precision
- Up to 12 Calcium tests per day with +/-15 ppm precision
- Up to 12 Magnesium tests per day with +/-15 ppm precision
- ~7.9ml sample water used per parameter tested
- ~7 minutes testing time per parameter tested
- Up to one month of testing before reagents need changing based on base level testing of 4-Alk, 2-Ca, 2-Mg per day.
- When combined with DŌS system (available seperately), the data from Trident can be used to automatically raise or lower the amount of additives dosed as necessary to maintain stability at user set point.
- Wide range for measurements:
- Apex or ApexEL (not Apex Classic, Lite, or Jr.)
- Available 1Link port OR 24v power supply and Aquabus Cable (available separately)
- External waste container or drain
- Must be located within 4’ of water source to be tested
- 1Link cable (US/CAN only)
- 5′ of black sample line tubing
- 5′ of clear waste line tubing
- 1-month reagent supply
- Calibration Fluid
- Get Started Card