The Milwaukee CD97 Total Dissolved Solids Low Range (PPM) Pen is designed for water conditioning, education and many other applications. The CD97 helps you make sure that your keep your filters up-to-date and clean for water filtration and is a cost effective tool for teacher's science labs. Keep PPM in your target range to help your achieve better results.
Measures Total Dissolved Solids (PPM) direct and with automatic temperature compensation.
- Ideal range for water conditioning (0 to 999 ppm).
- Units in ppm easily convertable to uS/cm.
- Factory calibrated with the ability to recalibrate if needed.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC).
- 300 hours continuous use (4 x 1.5V batteries included).
- Simple one point calibration.
Care and Use
EC/PPM electrodes can develop nutrient build up over time. To minimize build up, always rinse the probe in fresh tap or DI water after every use.
Converting TDS to EC
The Milwaukee TDS/PPM Pen, like all TDS meters, provides a reading measured in parts per million of contaminates per unit of volume in a solution.
TDS/PPM is often converted to uS/cm. Different scales include the 500 scale, 650 scale and the 700 scale.
Your TDS/PPM reading can be approximately converted to uS/cm as shown in the examples below.
1 ppm = 2 uS/cm on the 0.5 factor scale
1 ppm = 1.43 µS/cm on the 442 scale or .70 factor scale
- Range: 0 to 999 ppm
- Resolution: 1 ppm
- Accuracy: ±10 ppm
- Calibration: Manual, at 1 point through trimmer
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic from 5 to 50°C (41 to 122°F), with ß=2%/°C
- Environment: 0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F; max RH 100%
- Battery Type: 4 x 1.5V Alkaline (included)
- Battery Life: Approx. 300 hours of continuous use
- Calibration Solution: M10080B (25 sachets 20 mL ea.)
- Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 0.95 inches (180 x 65 x 32 mm)
- Weight: 3.5 ounces (0.99 g)