Brightwell Aquatics Xport BIO Dimpled BrickOverview:
- Utilizes NanoIntelex Technology to create an enhanced material with vast surface area for colonization by beneficial nitrifying bacteria, resulting in rapid and efficient conversion of ammonia into nitrite and nitrate.
- The highest colonizable surface area to volume ratio of synthetic biological filtration media available.
- Higher efficiency relative to conventional media results in smaller space requirements to achieve equivalent nitrification.
- May be employed to rapidly decrease ammonia and nitrite concentrations in even the most heavily-stocked aquatic systems.
- May be used in conjunction with Xport-NO3 and Xport-PO4
Nominal 9" x 4.50" x 2.50" for Aquascaping, Biofiltration, and Coral Propagation
Because our material is not fired or heated, but chemically hardened:
- Surface area over 10 times as high as any competing products (many times hundreds to thousands of times as high)
- Wicks water and stays wet for days after a pump fails, allowing bacteria to remain alive much longer and be ready when a system upset is repaired.
- We can dope it with sulfur, ferric oxyhydroxide or almost any other material to facilitate bacterial growth or remove pollutants
- It contains coral aragonite powder to buffer pH and provide for bacteria life longevity.
- We can make it in almost any shape and size - to fit a specific filter system.