IMPORTANT: iOS or Android App Required (Android requires Bluetooth 4.2 or above)
A Must for Any Serious Reef Keepers
Alkatronic is an all-in-one product for serious reefers to automatically monitor and stabilize alkalinity for your reef system. The standalone product works straight out of the box without the need of any additional dosing pump, computers or other equipment to use.
The Alkatronic automatically monitors the alkalinity (KH) in your tank, as well as corrects any deviations within the user's settled reference intervals by dosing carbonates from its own dosing pump or by activating a Bluetooth Smart Outlet (included).
Calcium Reactor users can benefit from precise control over the CO2 to the Ca reactor through the included Bluetooth Smart Outlet controlled by the Alkatronic. As long as the dKH is below the set value, this outlet will be on and let the calcium reactor be controlled by the pH controller. If the value rises above, it will override the ordinary regulatory equipment and shut off the CO2 until the dKH is back within range.
What is Alkalinity (KH)?
Alkalinity is a means of quantifying the stability of pH in aquarium water. It is a measure of the concentration of various negatively charged ionic compounds (anions) such as carbonates, bicarbonates, borate and hydroxides in the aquarium water. Although a simple and affordable test, user error and time is taken out of the equation so that one can rest assured that their reef aquarium is safe and stable.
Why is Alkalinity Essential?
Alkalinity maintenance is a critical aspect of coral reef aquarium husbandry. If left unchecked, alkalinity can drop below a critical level and pH begins to fluctuate more wildly than the suggested daily pH shift of +/-0.2 for marine aquaria, causing stress to livestock. In a marine aquarium, the desired alkalinity is usually between 7° and 10° dKH (German Carbonate Hardness).
The Alkatronic makes it possible to monitor the buffering capacity and automatically manage KH levels of your aquarium water in a simple all-in-one device.
CoralVue, Inc. and Focustronic hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- 1 Year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.