The long awaited BOT mounts are finally in! We worked with a local RI company to design and build our very own back of tank mounting arm. These are made out of 1″ thick, precision CAD cut UV resistant HDPE (High Density Polyethylene), AKA starboard. This is the same material that is used on the decks of commercial fishing vessels- so it’s tough stuff! The material is virgin plastic made in PA, cut and finished in Bristol, RI.
Unlike the competition (RMS and HMS mounts) it does not rely on your tank’s trim directly for support. Our mounting arms distribute the weight of your light evenly, and there are no screws or clamps, or any metal parts in contact with the water. Our tank mounts include a 6″ offset for 12-18″ wide tanks, and a 12″ Offset for 18-24″ wide tanks. The bottom of your light will be 10″ above the tank rim at a perfect 90 degree angle.
Every Tank mounting arm set includes:
- 6″ and 12″ On Center offset spans
- Supports for 1/4″, 3/8″, and 1/2″ glass thickness (3/4″, 1″, and beyond available upon request)
- 1/8″ and 1/4″ shims for rimless tanks with 3M adhesive
- 4 stainless steel screws (none of which make contact with your tank water)
- All the hardware you need to attach these to a Photon V2/V2+
Our tank mounting arms work with our lights in either the parallel or perpendicular orientation, so you can utilize these to mount your light to the back of your aquarium, or use one on either side for a longer span.
One BOT mount will work with a Photon 16/24, and 2 are required for a Photon 32/48/50.